A Simple Guide about how to reach Bali from domestic and international area by plane, bus, ferry, or train.
It’s so easy to choose transportation mode to go to Bali island. Many ways to reach it, and the easiest one is by plane. If you’re leaving from Jakarta, you will reach Bali in 1,5 hours, from Singapore and Perth, Australia 2.5 and 3 hours, from Hong Kong about 4.5 hours, and from Sydney/Melbourne around 5.5 to 6 hours. After it, you can continue it with domestic flight to Bali. Many domestic flight to Bali offered below IDR 400,000 for one way ticket. Make sure you have booked it long before or even a year before to get a cheap price. And make sure that you book for Denpasar /DPS, instead of Bali, because Denpasar is Bali’s capital city. You can read more about cheap flight to Bali in our previous article.
- Batavia Air from Jakarta, Surabaya
- Garuda Indonesia from Balikpapan, Jakarta, Jayapura, Kupang, Makassar, Mataram, Surabaya, Timika and Yogyakarta
- Air Asia from Bandung and Jakarta
- Lion Air from Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Makassar, Manado and Kupang
- Mandala Airlines from Jakarta, Surabaya and Yogyakarta
- Merpati Nusantara Airlines from Bandung, Bima, Jakarta, Kupang, Mataram, Maumere, Merauke, Surabaya, Waikabubak and Waingapu
- Pelita Air Service from Ende, Kupang, Labuan Bajo and Waingapu
- Sriwijaya Air from Bandung, Surabaya, Mataram and Benete / Sumbawa
- Travira Air from Benete / Sumbawa and Mataram
- Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong
- China Airlines and Eva Air from Taipei
- Japan Airlines from Tokyo
- KLM from Amsterdam (direct with transit in Singapore)
- Malaysia Airlines from Kuala Lumpur
- Qatar Airways from Doha and Singapore
- Singapore Airlines from Singapore
- Thai Airways from Bangkok
- SkyWest from Australia
- Strategic Aviation from Australia
- affordable international flight to Bali are:
- AirAsia from Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Australia and Singapura
- Pacific Blue from Australia
- Jetstar from Australia and Singapore
Another way to reach bali is by landside, which you can take bus to go to Bali, especially if you’re in Java, Lombok island, West Nusa Tenggara and East Nusa Tenggara. The price ticket of this Bali bus is varying, depend on the distance. If you heading from Jakarta and wish to go to Bali by train in affordable budget, you can take super economy class to Gubeng station in Surabaya with price ticket IDR 40,000, (around USD 5) departs at 12.00 am sharp.
After you reach Surabaya, you can continue with business class train to Banyuwangi with price IDR 60,000-90,000 (around USD 7-10), departs at 09.15. you will get to Banyuwangi around 16.00 and by walking approximately 200 m, you will get to the Ketapang harbor. The crossing is served 24 hours, with price ticket IDR 15,000 (around USD 2) and another IDR 25,000/person (around USD 3) for the crossing ticket by Bali ferry. Around 20.00-22.00 Bali time, you will get to Gilimanuk harbor Bali. Prepare your ID and Passport once you reach Bali.